If you’re alive (and if you’re reading this you hopefully are), then you’ve experienced some sort of hardship or struggle in your life. You may even be going through one right now.
The question is, what did you do about it? What are you going to do about it? Did you take control of the situation?
The sad thing is that many people let life happen to them. Even when they feel like they are doing all they can do, they leave several other options on the table.
If that’s you, it’s not your fault. We’ve been taught not to challenge the things as they are. We’re told that we just need to keep trying or try harder.
- Work harder at your job and the promotion will come.
- Just pay those student loan or car payments because everyone has them.
- Keep filling out online applications and eventually you’ll get the right job.
The reason we’re told these things is because it’s easy to accept that doing what you already know how to do is the best route. (If I told you that you could lose weight eating what you love, wouldn’t you think about giving it a try?)
Pushing against a brick wall will only give you a sore shoulder. Try leaning against it, get some rest, and then push off of it in a different direction. If you feel tired and discouraged, then it’s time to try something differently.
I want to urge you do something different each day for about a month. Some examples include,
- Read a book that might help you in your situation. (If you don’t know of any, check out the Resources page or email me and I’ll see what I can find.)
- Pay extra on your student loan or car.
- Join a community or group that has the same interests as you or includes people who are pushing against the same brick wall.
Feel free to post in the comments what you’re going to do differently and then report back in month on your progress.